News & Events
Virtual Professional Development CAFÉ
Professional Development and Learning Series
Professional Development & Learning Series
Date: June 16, 2021
Time: 2:30pm - 4:00pm
Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at 2:30pm EST
Virtual Professional Development CAFÈ
(Connect, Achieve, Facilitate and Engage)
As we settle into our respective rhythms and grooves for the spring/summer semester, we want to keep Professional Development at the forefront of conversations! What better way to stay connected than a monthly Virtual Professional Development CAFÉ! The Virtual CAFÉ series will consist of casual gatherings of community members and provide a platform to network and discuss topics of broad interest to early career researchers! Each Virtual CAFÉ will be hosted by McDonald Institute staff, with opportunities to connect with other support personnel across the network to enhance undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral scholars’ success.
Here’s what you can expect throughout the summer:
- Access to McDonald Institute staff for questions and assistance.
- Links to professional development opportunities to further your degree or research experience.
- Developing your communication skills in virtual space.
- Build your Astroparticle Physics research network.
- Meet career counsellors, writing specialists, reference librarians, and other support staff for 1:1 consultation.
Our first Virtual Professional Development CAFÉ will be hosted Wednesday May 19th, 2021, at 2:30pm EST. We invite you to use this platform to enhance your network, because having diverse connections:
- Accelerates careers.
- Helps tap into colleagues both locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Is a powerful contribution to the astroparticle physics and collaborating communities!
Start building your network now by joining the CAFÉ this month and mark your calendar for future events!
Wednesday July 14th 2021 @2:30pm EDT
Wednesday August 11th 2021 @2:30pm EDT